Negotiating for Yourself
Everyone can be a good negotiator 🤝
Overcome your blockers, find your style and learn strategies you can apply immediately. Get confident negotiating job offers, raises, promotions and more.
Meet your instructor
Lucy studied business & social sciences at Cambridge & the University of Chicago, where she was introduced to negotiation theory: the perfect intersection of her favourite topics!
She began her career serving corporate & government clients at McKinsey & Company, before launching the pioneering Australian sexual wellness brand NORMAL, and negotiating a successful exit from its venture-backed parent company, Eucalyptus.
A word from Lucy:
"Learning to negotiate was a huge unlock for me - especially working in male-dominated fields, where the ‘gender negotiation gap’ can compound existing inequalities.
I was once described as negotiating "like a Russian accountant" by the (Russian accountant) who just hired me, which I wear as a badge of honour. But seriously - I'm really glad I learned to advocate for myself, and my company.
Think of this course as the perfect introduction to negotiating for yourself as an individual contributor - there’s no knowledge assumed, but you’ll come out feeling confident to negotiate job offers, raises, promotions & other conditions."
Why learn to negotiate?
Negotiations surround us every day, and learning to negotiate has a huge return on investment over your career.
- Understand the hidden logic: Learn negotiation theory to help you analyse the issues, plan strategies and handle different styles.
- Negotiation is an essential 'meta skill': A huge number of work situations are negotiations in disguise - from project management and roadmaps, to hiring, promotions, partnerships, fundraises, contracts, sales and more.
- It takes time to find a style that works for you: Lots of resources give one-size-fits-all advice, but understanding how our personalities, backgrounds & experiences shape our instincts - and managing how we self-sabotage - is essential.
- Get results and maintain relationships: Learn how to find win-wins, manage difficult personalities and strengthen your rapport - all while getting a great outcome.
- Negotiation is a 'muscle': Reading negotiation advice is very different to putting it into practice - good negotiators develop their style by combining theory with practice and feedback.
- Replace your anxiety with a proven process: Learn a system you can apply to analysing, preparing and responding throughout every negotiation in your role.
Get a sneak peek 👀
Explore a series of free video tutorials from Negotiating for Yourself with your instructor Lucy Wark to understand how you'll level up your negotiation skills.
What students say
Head of Ecosystems @ Fishburners
"This course delivered in more ways than I expected. It was dynamically structured and so thoughtfully designed. I was able to genuinely experience the emotions and physical reactions in simulated negotiations, and notice the changes and shifts each week. Lucy creates a space that is intimate, candid, enriching and delightful - and demystifies & breaks down the art of negotiation in such a practical and valuable way."
BizOps @ Tracksuit
"This course is an excellent investment! It exposed me to the skill of negotiation in a practical and approachable way. The course is so much more than just theory. It takes online learning to a new level by providing insights and lessons about the side of negotiation so often forgotten about in books - the emotional barriers of executing your negotiation. The course contains a great mix of tactics, personal experience, practice sessions and learning directly from experts. Highly recommend!"
Strategy & Operations @ Mr Yum
"If you feel too guilty or clueless to negotiate, this course will help untangle your preconceptions of negotiation and provide you with the tools you need to feel confident in your next big meeting."
Learn to negotiate job offers, raises, promotions & more in this 100% self-paced course, created by expert facilitator & negotiator Lucy Wark.
This course is 100% self-paced and includes:
- Bite-sized lessons: 5+ hours of easy-to-digest, highly actionable videos
- 4 mock negotiation demonstrations recorded to illustrate different styles and tactics
- 5 guest debriefs with with diverse experts and operators
- Over 40 pages of downloadable resources including cheat sheets and playbooks
- 12 months access to all content and materials
- An official Fuzzy course certificate and LinkedIn credential
📚 What you will learn
This course covers core neogtiation theory and will help you to understand and tackle the 'irrational' factors that get in the way of effective negotiation.
🧠 Learn the theory
- Learn the core concepts from negotiation theory, game theory and psychology
- Understand a broad range of different negotiation styles and their pitfalls
- Practise how to spot and handle common tactics and avoid common mistakes
👋 Learn about yourself
- Find your natural style through a series of self-diagnostics
- Conquer your blockers: tackle limiting beliefs, triggers and anxieties that lead you to put off important conversations, say 'yes' to the first offer and leave money on the table
🤓 Learn from the experts
- Get exclusive insight into how diverse experts operate through demo negotiations & debrief sessions
- Master tone and delivery: learn how experienced negotiators deliver their messages effectively in written and in-person conversations
- Learn from a range of role models to craft a negotiation persona that’s effective, authentic & sustainable for you
♻️ Learn with a tested process you can trust
- Use a systematic end-to-end process for preparing and responding as your negotiations unfold
- Learn how to find relevant benchmarks and criteria to make a bullet-proof case for your desired outcome
⏰ Learn on your terms
- Work through over 10 hours of self-paced course content & exercises your own timetable
- Explore solo, or invite a friend or colleague to tackle the course with you & keep you accountable
- How to Use This Course
- Breaking Down Negotiation Structures & Styles
- Basic Negotiation Tactics
- Advanced Negotiation Tactics
- Benchmarking & Building A Case for Yourself
- Auditing Your Strengths & Weaknesses
- Finding Your Negotiation Role Models
- Refining Your Personal Style
- Negotiating Under Pressure
- Reacting to Surprises
- FAQs: Common Salary Negotiation Scenarios
- End-to-End Negotiation Prep Checklist
Includes videos, quizzes & 40-page workbook, covering:
- Your Conflict Style
- Your Identities, Values & Experiences
- How You Self-Sabotage
- Your Limiting Beliefs
- Your Triggers
- Your Window of Tolerance
- Your Target Persona
Practice first with a partner, then watch a diverse group of experts demonstrate their approaches with your instructor Lucy:
- Negotiating a job offer
- Negotiating a raise & other terms within a role
- Negotiating with difficult personalities & factual disagreements
- Negotiating with multiple stakeholders & issues
What's different about this course?
Who is this course designed for?
How long does the course take?
What is the refund policy?
"This course is the perfect mix of rational strategy and self-reflection to help beginner negotiators manage their negotiations.
You'll get access to great tactics and have the time and space to practice and hone their use.
Lucy is a gold star instructor and negotiator, so you'll be in expert hands. I can't recommend it enough, now get negotiating!"
Maxwell Hogue, Strategist @ InterbrandJoin course