Strategy & Structured Problem Solving
Tackle complex product problems with confidence. Learn to break down problems, make great strategic choices and build powerful narratives.
🗓️ Upskill over 5 weeks ✍️ Weekly workshops
🙋 Cohort of product peers ⭐️ Live product leader sessions
Applications for Feb-24 now closed. Register for future cohorts or go on-demand.Register Interest
Elise Peate, CMO
“A lot of actionable 💎 and relatable examples from guest speakers... Highly recommend regardless of your area of expertise. ”
Sophia Witherington, Product Manager
“10/10 would recommend ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"
Tim Veron, Founder & CEO
“...this course strings the best parts together in a coherent, easy to apply process with real world examples...It's already in motion and having an impact at Vively”
About the Course
Learn to structure and solve complex product problems and strategy questions with an awesome cohort and experienced product leaders.
What You Will Learn
This course will provide you with a set of tools and approaches for effective problem solving and strategic decision making across a broad range of product problems.
You will learn how to:
- Define and break down problems to identify levers that matter most
- Plan and execute analyses and present compelling solutions
- Identify great strategies and make robust strategic decisions
- Frame and test choices and create powerful narratives
You will also learn and share your ideas and experiences with an awesome cohort of learners and guest speakers from some of Australia' most exciting start-ups and scale-ups.
Who Is This Course For?
This is a course for Product People. But you don't need to be a Product Manager.
If you care deeply about your customers and spend your time working out how to solve their problems and create value then this course is for you.
Typically, this will mean you have 1 to 5+ years of product experience and have a job title such as, but not limited to:
- Product Manager
- Product Owner
- Product Designer (UI, UX)
- Product Researcher
- Product Analyst
- Product Marketer
- Software Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Business Analyst
- Customer Success Manager
12 months access to the course content, including:
- 13+ hours of lessons and select, previous speakers
- 5 live product leader sessions
- 5 group workshop sessions
- 20 product templates
- Optional homework exercises
- Official course certificate
- Optional weekly office hours
The course runs virtually over five weeks and includes:
- Self-paced, structured learning - review core course material, recordings, templates and homework exercises in your own time each week. Self-paced learning is done on Fuzzy's course platform.
- Weekly working sessions - share, discuss and get hands on with each topic with your peer cohort, typically on Tuesday evenings each week (AEST time) however this may change cohort to cohort.
- Weekly guest speakers - hear product experts share their real-world experiences of applying key concepts in practice on Wednesday evenings each week (AEST time) however this may change cohort to cohort.
- Community - build real connections with other awesome product people in the group with our Slack community, social events and optional 1:1 catch-ups.
Recordings of live Working and Speaker sessions will be added to the course platform each week so you can rewatch or catch-up at any time.
The time commitment is approximately ~4-5 hours per week
- Reviewing course content: 1-2 hours (individually)
- Weekly live virtual sessions 2.5 hours (group)
- Homework and reading: 0.5-1 hour (individually)
- Sharing and connecting (e.g. on Slack, catch-ups): 0.5 hours (individually)
Meet your instructor, Harry Hamilton
"When I started in product, I always felt structured problem solving was a superpower in managing the uncertainty and ambiguity of building things."
Harry is the Co-Founder of Fuzzy, a passionate teacher of product and generalist skills and an advisor to Product Leadership teams at early-stage ventures.
Harry has 6+ years experience in Product Management, especially in B2B SaaS, 0-1 product development, growth and people management.
Before co-founding Fuzzy, Harry founded Minnow and was a Group Product Manager at SafetyCulture managing Product Teams responsible for Growth (e.g. new user onboarding, content-led acquisition) and Emerging Products (e.g. 0 to 1 products).
Prior to product, Harry worked as a Management Consultant advising large enterprises on GTM, Product, Customer, Corporate Strategy and Ops.
Throughout the course we'll cover six cover topics, beginning with Structured Problem Solving then moving on to Strategy.
Defining & Breaking Down Problems
- The Structured Problem Solving process
- Problem definition and SCQA
- Breaking down problems: logic trees and MECE
Hypotheses & Analysis
- Finding impactful levers and opportunities
- Planning analysis - invest time upfront
- Common biases
- Analysis types and techniques
- Bringing it all together: Minto pyramids
Ingredients for Great Strategy
- From Structured Problem Solving to Strategy
- What does great strategy look like?
- General structure for strategy and The Cascade of Choices
Stretching Strategy into the Future
- 3 Growth Horizons
Strategic Choices & Storytelling
- Framing options and making good decisions
- Testing strategy: what would have to be true?
- Narratives and storytelling
- Strategy is never done
What Product People Say
Abhinaw K., Product Manager
"This was one of the best L&D investments I've made in the last few years. I loved listening to real life product stories from product people and interacting with them."
Matt Hinds, Co-Founder
“Loved learning from a bunch of awesome product leaders... Highly recommend for product people wanting to level up!”
Julie Guan, Product Manager
“Highly recommend this to anyone who is open to approach problems a little bit differently and wants to develop strategy without the fluff”
Alfie Torres, Tech BA
“I can't recommend this course enough for someone just starting out in product.”
Diksha Dua, Product Manager
“My personal highlight has been the outstanding guest speakers who joined us each week ... I am so impressed and grateful to learn from such passionate product people."
Tim Bovington, Product Manager
“I would recommend to anyone who is interested in getting together with a great bunch of product people to refresh some core concepts and learn some new ones.”
Oliver Christie, Lead PM
"I don't think I have done a course yet, where I have been so motivated to apply the strategies to my work straight after learning about them
...and then see the positive impact it has."
Camilla Edwards, Product Manager
"The highlight for me each week was hearing product leaders discuss how they structure their problem solving and hearing about the real problems they've tackled and the approaches they took and mistakes they made."
El Salem, Founder
"Gave me a fantastic understanding of the frameworks required to solve the endless and complex problems that arise both everyday and over many months as a founder. Would recommend to any founder or startup employee solving key business problems for users."
Rocio Santos, Product Designer
“Thrilled to have gained many skills ... Got experiences directly from experts at Atlassian, Canva, Eucalyptus and many more. 100% Recommended!”
Mike Yorke, Product Manager
“A whole load of knowledge, methods and tips to share which would be useful for anyone working in product.”
Tom Lancaster, Product Manager
“I've been introduced to new techniques & mental models, and heard first hand from 4 very accomplished Product people currently working in Australian Tech.”
Alberto Camillo, Technical PM
“In just 5 weeks, I've learned so much, and everything was directly applicable to my day-to-day job”
Jess Tong, Product Designer
“I've been looking for a course like this for a while so was so happy when it exceeded my expectations. Would highly recommend for those looking to learn about strategy”
Arni Mittal, Product Manager
“Being early in my product career, there's a constant struggle to balance growing by learning and doing ... this product strategy course solved exactly this problem!”
Who is this course for?
When is the next cohort?
Can my employer pay for the course?
Is this the same as Harry's Minnow course?
Will this course help me transition to a product role?
Does this course cover Product Management fundamentals?
Is the course virtual or in-person?
I'd love to have my whole team complete the course, do you offer group discounts?
Is there a payment plan option to pay in instalments?
Where can I go for extra help and to ask questions?
What if I can't attend a live session?
Do you offer full or partial sponsorships?
What is your refund policy?
The ultimate set of tools.
“Gives you the ultimate set of tools to slice and dice any product problem in a structured way paired with real stories and examples from product leaders to drive all the concepts home!”
Jackie Rabec - Head of Product, Heidi Health